An update on COVID-19 (coronavirus)
Here’s a quick update on one of the many steps Diana and her House colleagues are taking to address this growing pandemic:
- Provide free COVID-19 testing for all Americans, regardless of your health insurance provider;
- Guarantee paid sick leave for workers affected by the coronavirus;
- Guarantee paid family leave to care for loved ones who are impacted;
- Ensure states have the financial resources to provide the unemployment benefits and food assistance necessary at this time; and
- Prepare Medicaid programs for new enrollees as a result of unemployment.
The House is working on additional legislation as taking care of working families and the most vulnerable communities continues to be a top priority.
— Congresswoman DeGette HQ